6.20.2006

Stone #2 - Anne Marie from Las Vegas, Nevada

Anne-Marie Sanford said...

I guess I will be the second one to go.

When I heard the Lords calling in my life, it was at a Young Life camp, Malibu and I was 19 years old. I was serving up there and through those three weeks, God spoke to me in such clear ways. I knew that He wanted me to be to young girls, what my Young Life leader was to me. A mentor. An example. A constant friend. And most of all, a testimony of His grace and power.

When I was in high school I desired to be popular, and to do what everyone else thought was "cool." Whatever it was, drinking, drugs, relationships, I was in the middle of it. It wasn't until I was so broken that I realized the choices I made in my life left me empty and seeking something deeper.

It was through Young Life that I found Hollie Perlmutter, my Young Life leader who took me on. She met with me every week. Never judged, just listened and prayed. I didn't know it at the time, but I think she saved my life. Through her being a daily example of what it was to be a Christian, I learned that I wanted exactly what she had. A peace...that only comes from God. It was through Young Life and Youth Group I became who I am today.

Almost three years ago, I moved to Boise, Idaho to begin my lifes calling. I became a staff member with Young Life ministries. I started, again, Young Life in Eagle, Idaho and it was there that I met some of the greatest girls whom I walked through two years of their life with. I poured my heart and soul into them and I am so thankful for that time in my life. I have amazing stories of kids coming to faith. I loved, and cherished that time in my life.

God has now called me to be a wife to a football coach in Las Vegas, NV. But, Gods testimony is still developing in my life. Our ministry is now to football players, coaches wives, and college students and hopefully one day, again with Young Life.

I thank God for His wonderful power in my life. For the second chances (there have been many) and for his grace that makes me fall to my knees!

I am clinging to this verse these days:

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into Gods love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is." Ephesians 3:16-19

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnanthan said...

Good stuff Anne Marie. I think we actually share similiar backgrounds. Thanks for the post.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home